I need to move a file from a folder on a friend's web site to a folder on my web site.
The file is large (about 300MB). I need to move the exact same file (same name, same folder) once per week.
I could download the file to my PC and then upload to my site. However, due to file transfer speeds, I do not want to download to my PC. I want to transfer it direct from the other folder to my folder.
This bid is to find and implement a solution to this requirement.
- I'm told that there are two possible solutions to this. Either "web based ftp modules" or "web based http file accessing module", where the first method is more reliable for large files (note that the file is 300MB). I don't know if the above is true, but I mention it for consideration.
- The file is a ZIP file, with a large number of sub-files. All I need is for the ZIP file to be transerred. I can unzip it from my end.
- The ideal solution should be simple. I do not want a large chunk of custom software if it can be avoided.
**In your bid, please specify:
- The exact solution you are proposing
- How much code is involved.**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
From folder on one web site to folder on another web site.