This project is to create a website that can display photographs stored within a database.
There are several key requirements:
1) Photos can easily be uploaded by the webmaster
2) Photos can be assigned a title, description and multiple 'keyword' categories by the person uploading
3) The user can view a thumbnail page of photos according to which keyword category used
4) The user can search the database for keywords in the category, title or description fields, with a thumbnail page built on the fly
5) The user can then click a thumbnail to view the larger image
6) Users are given the ability to become 'members'
7) Members are able to submit their own photos for consideration by the webmaster
8) Various additional web pages are created to flesh out the site along typical lines eg. welcome, about us, etc
9) The webmaster can create categories, to which photos may be allocated. (Photos are likely to have many categories, some of which are sub-categories of another)
There are also several other items which would enhance the project, although some may be discarded if they prove costly.
1) Photos are uploaded by way of a 'browse' button on the website, rather than ftp/ email submission.
2) Photos can store a 'number of times downloaded' field, and automatically join a 'most popular' category
3) Users can customise the thumbnail page with number of results shown, search match priority or most popular, highest vote order.
3) Members can vote for other member's photos, giving marks out of ten.
4) Members can see their own photos, approved or pending, and stats including number of views/ votes etc.
5) Users can tick a checkbox to download multiple images
6) Management pages are provided for the webmaster to update some content, e.g. homepage message, view & authorise pending photos, manage members & images
There is no e-commerce/ security requirement for the site.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The domain/ host has not yet been selected and can be tailored to your prefered environment, windows/ linux/ ASP.net, MySQL etc.