We need a PHP & MySQL developer to work in conjunction with our head programmer for between 40-50 hours total (not each week) over the next 3-4 weeks. Your responsibilities will include only PHP & MySQL coding and basic HTML (i.e. creating a form or printing output from the database), you will not be responsible for any page design.
Some of your programming tasks will include:
1. Familiarizing yourself with our website, database, etc.
2. Writing relatively complex JOIN queries between 4 or more tables
3. Assisting with basic Unix site administration (nothing complex)
4. Writing PHP code to accompany SQL queries
You must be flexible and able to work quickly.
In addition to someone capable of accomplishing the programming tasks, we need someone that can be available via email, instant messenger, or phone (email and IM preferred).
How the project will work:
My developer will contact you with projects (I should be CC’ed on communication from both sides so that I can later add it to RAC for documentation). You should document your progress and the hours you spend working (I will provide you with an Excel template in which to document this). At the end of each week I will document the “off-site?? communication and you will file a status report with RAC. Also, since this will be an on-going project I am willing to release a portion of the escrowed funds after certain milestones have been met.
1. Very strong PHP skills
2. Very strong MySQL skills
3. HTML and CSS as they relate to PHP & MySQL development
4. Strong English skills are necessary
5. Communication via email, IM, or possibly phone.
Essentially, your job will be to assist our primary developer, with whom you will communicate directly. When he needs help finishing a task, he’ll drop you an email. Please let me know if you have any questions or points for clarification.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Dedicated server with PHP and MySQL.