Coding Friends: I'm setting up a small testing /quiz / skill assessment website. I have installed wpquiz which is one of the best applications out there for the money… free! The website for this application is:
[url removed, login to view]
I originally posted this hoping that a coder could edit an existing script, but the coder got deathly ill and I had to re-post this bid. This gives me the opportunity to change my mind and say I would like to entertain the creation of a script from scratch. If the price is too high, then I will go back to a modification of an existing script (wpquiz or any other that will do what I need).
My deliverable requirements for the script are:
• Account creation / signup: A user will fill out their basic information and choose from a list of available tests that they would like to take. Once submitted, this account has to be validated by admin before tests can be taken.
• Account Login
• Take a quiz / test (can be similar to wpquiz: eg: format, timed, etc.)
• After the quiz is taken the results are emailed to admin and displayed ( with option to email to user). The user can access their own test scores (Quiz, date taken, score, etc.) from within their account.
• Additional test request: User can request more tests be taken which will notify admin.
• Password Reminder through email.
• Create / validate / modify users and assign tests.
• Create / modify tests: I would like to have an easy was of doing this. Tests are mostly going to be multiple choice, but there may be some True / False or even fill in the blank. An online form within admin controls to create and edit tests would be good, but sometimes it is faster to create these in excel and export / import. I do not like that in wpquiz you have to create an individual question and assign it to a test. I would like to create a test, then write the questions / answers for the test or be able to import them. I am open to suggestions on the best way to do this.
• Assign tests to users: When a user is created or verified, I would like to determine which tests they can take and how many tries they get. It could be done by using “groups?? or by selecting from a list of available tests within each user's settings… maybe a list of tests with check boxes next to each test. Whichever method is more effective and works with the system being built.
• View all tests taken and their statistics: (date / time taken, how long it took, results, questions missed, etc.)
• Have script use the headers and footers of the rest of the [url removed, login to view] site. If the site doesn't work with what you want to do, I can re-design the site... as long as it will use headers and footers I can modify and keep the site consistent.
• Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
• Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
• Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
• Clean, well written code, easy to follow / edit.
• Site/Script must run equally well in Netscape and Microsoft IE
Below is a very simple sample tests:
TITLE: Spelling Test
Instructions: Choose the correctly spelled form of the following words:
Question 1: Which is correct?
Question 2: Which is correct?
TITLE: Legal Test
Instructions: Choose the correct answer:
Question 1: What is an “LDA??
a) A paralegal
b) An individual licensed to approve documents
c) An individual certified to process legal documents
d) Licensed Document Attorney
Question 2: Do you have to be an attorney to give legal advice?
**THANKS! I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR BIDS AND WITH WORKING WITH YOU!!!**
**cPanel/WHM 6.2 running on Linux
Password Protected Directories
Perl 5.6.1 / PHP 4.3.2
Server Side Includes
FrontPage 2002 Support
SSH Secure Shell
POP3 / IMAP / SMTP Server
Cpanel Version/Build 7.2.1-RELEASE Build 125
Operating System Linux
Apache Version [url removed, login to view] (Unix)
Perl Version 5.006001
Perl Path /usr/bin/perl
Installed Perl Modules Click to View
PHP Version 4.3.2
Mysql Version [url removed, login to view]