This is a relatively straightforward project split into two phases. This first one is the delivery of a fully-working demonstrator product with minimal back-end integration, which is the topic of this project. A follow-on project will be the final full-scale development including wireless access over GPRS, and full back-end integration into SQL database.
The background is a government agency that uses old DOS based handhelds for commercial water meter reading. They’d like to upgrade to newer technologies of Pocket PC.
Our background is that we’re a developer of mobile solutions and whilst we are very capable of developing this software ourselves, we don’t have sufficient resources to tackle this project. In addition, we are a regular and successful user of RAC for other projects, and would like to find one or more great coders on PDA that we could use for additional PDA projects.
We have three goals in mind:
1. Deliver a good working demonstrator as part of our sales activity.
2. If successful with the demonstrator, do follow-on project to complete the application.
3. Source a good Pocket PC coder that we could use on additional projects.
Our preferred development environment is CE .NET, but we do recognise that not many individual coders would have ready access to these tools.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Pocket PC / CE .NET
Preferred development environment is Windows CE .NET