We have a dispatching application that we sell to companies across North America and require a Blackberry-based intruck solution to read job orders and update the dispatch screen with job status'.
Here is what we are looking for:
Blackberry client Installer
Database table design ( both the user and the status table)
Communications design ( 6 messages)
o Sign in
o Sign off
o In transit
GUI design and usability verification ( 5 screens)
o Sign in screen ( main screen )
o Configuration screen ( can be hidden from average user if desired)
o A list view of the past 3 days requests (configurable), with the current status
o A vehicle data input screen, and invoice screen ( not sure if they can be the same screen..) ( Year and Make can be pick lists, everything else free form)
- Coding of the Blackberry client
- Coding of the server component
- BB client certification ( required by RIM for any deployment )
- Unit and Integrated testing
This is focused on the 7520 form factor, other models will likely work and we will test it on our 7250 which are almost identical devices.
Maintenance and ongoing support contract around all of your solutions. We would alos require the source code so we can mangement enhancements to the application.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Our applications are VB and SQL Server or MSDE. We will write a web service that will listen for transactions that will need to be obtained by Blackberry devices in the field.