A productivity application that will be widely used based on the Facebook platform APIs. It may require follow up development work too for the next versions. (The actual idea is intentionally concealed from public view, but will be revealed to the chosen provider.) The skills needed for this project would be primarily web programming (PHP, AJAX, Ruby or the like), databases (MySQL etc), using APIs, and preferably knowledge of how to enhance the user experience. Due to a trip that I have scheduled, this project needs to be done and tested fully within 10 days after being awarded the project.
- Each stage will be tested by me, feedback given with needed changes, before the milestone is approved and the next phase is allowed to begun. Quality work will be rewarded. The project may be canceled at any milestone test due to inadequate work.
1. Intuitive Interface (think Google’s and Apple’s ease of use) 20%
- Ability to enter text and dates in six fields
- Default text in entry fields to aid user, wiped away when clicked on
- Button to add one of two types of lines for another entry and a submit button
- Ability to select one of two types of interfaces
- Validation that all fields have entries other than the initial text and date is in correct format (possibly made certain by using a calendar display)
- Tested by me to ensure intuitiveness, ease, correctness, and bug free
2. Write data to a high quality, free database, and recall it in an intuitive display 20%
- Data written to the database tied to a user log in name and college
- Data recalled to an intuitive display, line items sorted by date
- Ability to mark items complete and to change color
3. Enable sharing among friends 20%
- Ability to invite specific friends or all friends
- Ability for friends to click a link to go to a page to read about and install the app
- Click a link to see other friends’ entries from using the app
- Post news feeds when a user creates or completes an action
- A badge is associated with an action, when completed they can get it, and friends can click on it to their app
4. Integrate with Amazon 20%
- After something is completed, and ask the users how they’d like to reward themselves
- Use the data entered by the user to search and display relevant top products from Amazon using their API (picture, rating, description and price)
- Allow the user to buy a product right there
5. Quality of project management 20%
- Smooth communication, professionalism, quality of work, ahead of schedule
- Consistent and quality improvement from suggestions
- A few additional feature or quality improvement requests by me
What I will provide
- High availability to communicate via email and IM
- Honest feedback and open ears
- Generosity financially, with follow up work, and/or with ratings for focusing on the plan and getting it done well
What I want from a supplier
- A partnership, working together to make something great
- Reasonable total cost, including cost of additions beyond initial scope
- Ahead of schedule
- Consistent, quality communication about status, challenges, and suggestions
- Intelligence, honesty and very capable skills in web development
Thank you for considering this project. I look forward to reviewing your proposal.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Mainstream stuff. Use common sense. I'll trust that to you.