I am developing a question and answer service site similar to [url removed, login to view] or several others.
Currently in regards to functionality, what I have is probably more than half done, however I lost my developer. There is still additional functionality to be added, polish to be done, bugs to be fixed, etc.
I need someone who can quickly pick up where my last developer has left off. You should have strong communication skills previous similar development experience. You should also have the ability to design on your own without a lot of guidance since I won't have time to lay out how every single thing needs to look and work.
I expect this project to take a little while to complete since I want to get things done right. If things go well, I would probably want to turn this into a long term relationship since I imagine I will need additional support and functionality added in the future.
**My Main Conditions:
**I need someone who can:
1) Research similar sites such as the one listed above and others that I will provide to get an understanding of necissary functionality. Then closely examine all of the existing functionality that is already done on my site. Finally provide me with a list of recommendations on what needs to be added and finished to have a site similar to other successful question/answer service sites. I will then review this list to make sure there are not things missing that I can think of.
2) Implement new features from the list we have come up with. By the end the site should be working from end to end with no problems.
3) Fix existing and new bugs on the site
4) Polish the site as needed
**Standard RentACoder Conditions:
**1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The existing site was developed in PHP/MySQL/HTML and has support for PayPal. The site is hosted on a Linux server running an apache web server.