Using a skeleton Rails app, and the RestfulAuthentication plugin (and possibly RoleRequirement plugin), I'm looking to have a programmer replicate the functionality of Highrise's permission system. The features are detailed here: [[url removed, login to view]<wbr />help/permissions].
Here are some of the Highrise permissions rules that are not so obvious:
1. only admin and entry-owner can edit entry details
2. entry can be viewed by either: (1) owner-only, (2) particular group, (3) selective people, or (4) everyone
3. after admin creates user, user gets email prompting him to create username/email/password to access his account (with items he has permission to view)
4. admin can denote who's an admin
5. there's one "Super Admin" user that controls the account information