C# MS Access (Reporting Application)
My company develops customized software for clients. The project being put forward here, is for development of a small reporting system for an existing client. The client has requested the development of a small reporting application, to be written in C#. As C# is not one of my companies core competences we wish to outsource the development of the application.
We are finalizing the design of the database (MS Access), which the reporting system will link to. We are seeking a bid from an organisation (or coder) that is willing to work to a tight timeframe (Project delivery being no later than 9am Jan 15 2004 / Sydney time) and with us, to finalize the details of the application
A reporting application, which contains
> 1 login
> 2 Main
> 3 Three reporting sections
> > a Five predefined tabular/ textual reports
> > b Seven predefined Graphical reports
> > c A section to generate graphical reports based on 3 measures and 5 filters
> 1 The ability to generate textual/tabular reports in a printable form (Professional Corporate look and feel),
> 2 Ability to generate on screen graphical reports, Bar, liner etc (Professional Corporate look and feel),
> 3 The ability to print all reports generated. (Professional Corporate look and feel),
> 4 The ability to export raw data for each report to MS Excel, and
> 5 Ability to save generated reports (pdf etc)
> 1 Ensuring that the generated reports cannot be altered by the end user. Reports generated in encrypted PDF would be highly desirable
> 2 To utilize MS office functionality is appropriate
A successful bid would contain
1) A list of components to be used to generate the reports
2) A list of any recommended third party components (graphical / charting / reporting) components.
3) A Development Plan (communication plan and timeline)
The end deliverables
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Full documention within the source code. A seperate document detailing application architecure and documenting design decisions.
I am eager to see how this first venture using Rentacoder plays out. We have more C# projects coming online. I am interested in developing an ongoing relationship with coders using rentacoder. I hope that this first experience build the first relationship.
MS Access backend, C # front end
1 Windows 2000
2 Microsoft Office 2000
We are willing to
1 Take advice on development plan. If you wish to put forward a development plan that has worked for you with previous clients we are most happy to consider it.
2 Look at purchasing 3rd part components if necessary. The look and feel of the product is important to us. Any third party components that enhance the look and feel (esp. the graphs) will be considered