Description: An insurance broker wants to 1) control access to product information 2) provide extra benefits to a group of `agent members' who sign up and then have access to information not generally available and include a forum for agents to initiate and discuss topics (admin can delete topics/comments/users if necessary) 3) setup a generic website that then can be customized for each member. This would require they purchase their own domain and use URL forwarding (or ??) to access the generic site but have it show their contact info, and have a scheduling page where they can put up their own info. Attached PDF file shows details of initial concept and suggestions to improve this are always welcome. Prefer php but this is a new project and we can setup hosting to accommodate whatever appears to be the best solution. Our guess is that 50 to 200 agents might sign up. We do not expect more but at least comment on expansion ability in the response. I've been told that this is essentially a `Content Management' issue and if someone can help setup a canned solution that is certainly acceptable as future help should be more readily available
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Jun 18, 2007 9:51:47 AM:
New file with more detail has been uploaded. We will do the basic work of the look and content on the sites. The members site will be where the database resides that controls access and logs activity. The private site will be edited from the members site There was a comment about APIs that would facilitate members registering domains. If that could be incorporated it appeals but $ difference should be clarified. Would like to start project soon so advise me as to Estimate To Complete in $ and days to help me choose TIA to all for your interest and comments
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Jun 22, 2007 10:03:43 AM:
My apologies for not finalizing this yet I've gone over the bids with my client and he says he'll decide by Monday They are in the process of moving their office so it is hard to get their attention I want to thank all for bidding and some excellent feedback
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Jun 26, 2007 4:23:43 PM:
My apologies to all The customer who this is for is going through a reorganization and he's set this aside at this point. If this comes back to life I will going back to the bid info that you have submitted Thanks for bidding and my apologies I don't have better news
We're less concerned about platform than functionality. We can host it on most any platform If `canned' applications would fit that has appeal. For example a canned forum application would mean support was available from other than the programmer. Ease of administration is desirable.