This simple Facebook quiz app enables users to answer questions and compete for a higher grade. The interface is simple and consists of a single page of 5 questions, where on submit a new set of 5 questions appears, etc. Questions involve relating two strings with a slider to input a weight.
User's grade is determined by relative rank among all users. Current grade appears on the canvas and on available boxes, news feeds and messages, especially when the grade changes. The effect is to encourage the user to improve their grade and to encourage the user's friends to join in the competition. A leaderboard tab will also encourage competition.
This app should be developed in Rails.
# Simple Facebook Quiz App
Quiz app: users answer questions, compete for higher grade.
Simple: single page of questions, repeated
This is an easy job for a Rails/Facebooker expert. Please post examples of your other Facebook apps in Rails. If you feel the deadline I've posted is too short, please post your timeframe with your bid.
### App Details
* **Single page:**
* quiz element (a "question"): users must input a weight relating two predetermined strings
* strings are stored in a single table - self referential associations, with weights in join table
* perhaps 5 questions per page
* weights inputted by slider, dynamic text
* user presses "submit" (or "next" or "enter") and is taken to next set of 5 questions
* updated grade displayed
* there is no end to the quiz, no pagination, no back button
* **User's grade is determined by relative rank among all users:**
* current grade appears prominently on the canvas page and on available elements/boxes of the user's profile
* text taunts user's friends to compete for a higher grade (wall, box, etc.)
* user may invite (challenge) their friends also
* user is taunted to improve/defend their grade/rank
* message users and/or post news if their grade changes: up/down, happy/sad
* other tab shows leaderboard - top 10 or 20
* **db tables likely required:**
* settings (stored name/value pairs)
* strings (the strings being related)
* players (the facebook users)
* player history (activity/answers + skips)
* string_string (string pairs, the join table)
* **Heuristics (mostly supplied by buyer) involving/determining:**
* the display priority order, distribution/stats and answer depth of strings/pairs
* scoring, ranking and grading the players (to be calculated dynamically and/or by cron job, depending on performance)
* the use of an "entrance exam" (simply the first 5 questions)
### Other Requirements
* Webdev Framework: Ruby on Rails, Facebooker plugin
* Versions: Newest Rails, Ruby and Facebooker versions if compatible
* Quality: high quality code - refactored, well commented, clearly understood, reasonable optimizations, fully tested (unit and/or rspec)
* Must work with: MySQL, Linux, passenger, SVN,
* We will need 2 more Facebook apps and an admin interface in addition to this app. So buyer (if happy) will have more work for developer.
* Buyer is also a Rails developer.