Creation of an MS Access Database that will track student information, class attendance, per class tution payment, and create monthly invoices.
I have a soccer school that has 20 students (and growing) that are part of a soccer class that meets 2-3 times per week. Students are billed for each class they attend. Each class can have a different cost depending on where the class meets. For example, a class that meets at a local public park cost less than the same class that meets a private soccer facility. I need to the database to allow me to easily enter student attendance and from this information be able to calculate on a monthly basis that amount of tutition each student owes. I would also like the database to provide an invoice detailing each class attended and the cost assoicated with the class.
In all there are 7 "products" the academy offers
1) Private Field Soccer Class - $[url removed, login to view]
2) Public Field Soccer Class - $[url removed, login to view]
3) Private Field Soccer Game w/o Referee - $[url removed, login to view]
4) Private Field Soccer Game w/ Referee - $[url removed, login to view]
5) Public Field Soccer Game w/o Referee - $[url removed, login to view]
6) Public Field Soccer Game w/ Referee - $[url removed, login to view]
7) Stretching Class - $[url removed, login to view]
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday May 7, 2007 8:45:35 AM:
Here is more detailed information on the project:
The database will need the "modules/tables" listed below. The application must allow me to easily update, add to, and view each table in an easy to ready form format. That is, each table will require a form to view data and a form to add/edit existing data.
Company Information Module/Table
1) need a table that contains all my company information.
Student Information Module/Table
1) contact info
2) billing info
3) personal info (birthday, age, etc.)
4) emergency/parent/guardian info
5) medical info
Academy Products Module/Table
1) must list each product the academy offers (7 products in all) and allow for me to add new products as well. For this project, a product is the equivalent of a class. Therefore, the attendance of a class can be considered the purchase of a product.
2) must list unit price for each product
3) must have a product description column
Class Schedule Module/Table
1) must allow me to indicate when a product is offered (class date/time). I will also need to be able to view, add, and update the class “schedule??.
1) must be able keep track of student attendance on a per class basis. A class is one of the academy products. A class does NOT extend for 2 or 3 meetings, but is only 1 meeting on 1 day. Attendance to a class can be equated to the purchase of 1 academy product. After a class session has ended I need to easily take attendance for this class. Attendance information is how the academy bills each student.
1) Updated when student attendance is taken. When a student is marked as having attended a class the program will automatically add the class/product fee to their account balance.
2) I would like to allow for a discount percentage to be entered. Some o f the students in the academy receive a tuition discount. Also, the first class attended by any new student is free of charge. So, the database needs to allow for 100% discounts on individual classes as well.
3) Payment module. When a payment is made, I need to be able to easily view, add, and update payment information (cash/check only). I need to keep track of check #, check date, and a space to make notes. The payment module will also automatically update a student’s account balance.
1) This module will produce Invoices that will pull information from each of the database modules/tables. The invoice must contain
- student contact/billing info
- past payment info
- classes attended in specified date range…one line item per product purchase/class attended
- account balance (tuition due)