The regional directory script is based on phpLD. I want to do an upgrade to this script. Here are the instructions:
1. You will be working from the phpLD 3.2.0 code, and then adding functions to make it the "regional script".
2. Starting from a base install of phpLD, there will be a new section called Regional Links.
3. When setting up a fresh install of the regional directory, the admin will select the type of installation, either country/state/city, state/city, country/city. For example, if they were making a directory of the world they would use country/state/city. If they were making directory of the United States, they would select state city.
4. For each link, the user will have the option of adding the location for the listing. You can see this function working now here <[url removed, login to view]>. If you select United States > Georgia > Atlanta, you can see it work all the way to completion. You can copy this code.
5. In this new version adding the regional information will be optional (not required). If they choose to add this information, they will add the info above, and also they will add Address, Postal Code and Phone Number.
6. Under Each Region, the admin can have a setting to show all categories or only categories with links. On the demo, the second is given (ex. <[url removed, login to view]>)
There are a couple more items in the attachment because of the 2000 character limit