I would like an idea of the cost and time involved to develope a simple program for a Symbol PPT 2800, using a mag stripe reader. I have a database of about 38,000 records which contains a list of 9-digit ID card numbers. I want to use this list of valid numbers to control entry to events. I need a program which will display a prompt to scan the ID. When the card is swiped, it will capture the last nine digits of the ID card, and compare that value to the list. Based on that result, one of the following occurs:
1. ID not found - screen displays message like "ID not found - no admission"
Record scan in a 'transaction' file, with an indicator that admission was denied.
2. ID found - Compare to transaction file.
A. If not present, display message "Valid ID - allow admission"
Record scan with an indicator of a valid admission.
3. B. If present, display message "Duplicate Entry - no admission"
Record scan with an indicator of duplicate scan.
1. Transfer the valid ID and transaction files back and forth between the PC.
2. Empty the transaction file.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Symbol PPT 2800 handheld