Web crawler software that will take as input a list of part numbers, use common search engines to search for images with the part number as the name, download both a large and small image for each part number.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Program requirements
- Input: Program should take input from a file (txt, csv, excel, etc.) that has a list of part numbers in it.
- Search: Program will then use common search engines (multiple is preferred, but if there is only one it should be either Google or at least selectable).
- Targets: Program will search for image files with file names matching the part number. Extensions can be either GIF or JPG. And program should search until it finds a large and a small image.
- Output: Program will download and store all files in a directory.
- Options: The program should allow for the following options in order to make the program adjustable.
- Number of threads
- Number of large and small images to find before moving on.
- Size range for large and small images.
- How long to search unsuccessfully before moving on (time or number of searches)
- Global selection to download all of the images on a page that matches the part number search. Files from this type of search should be downloaded into a subfolder with the part number as the name. When the check box is enabled, an option for the number of pages to find and download should be available as well.
- Search Engine Selection not required if using more than 5 search engines.
This is my first submission, if I have forgotten anything, please let me know.
Windows XP, 2000
Browser Based IE 6.0+
*ADDED* Visual Basic
Any of the above is acceptable