Spider 5 public manufacturer online furniture catalogs.
one example is : <[url removed, login to view]>
Follow _ALL_ categories and grab the following data and store in SQL databse.
1. App should run on a windows server running IIS.
Admin and execution done through standard web browser (IE).
2. Data needed for each product:
A. Image (Need the actual image, not just path). Image must be re-sized into 3 images (thumb, detail, etc) utilizing ASPjpeg (already installed on server). Images should be stored in folder and searchable (FSO).
B. Model number, price, description, etc. for every product
3. Ongoing, the spider should be able to recognize previously parsed items and only grab those that change.
4. During subsequent scans, should tag all items in the db that no longer exist on the manufacturers site as inactive. and have option for listing and removal (individual or batch) of all inactive items.
I'll supply more info to interested parties.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Prefer ASP, but whatever works.