**Needed:** web site template (or home page + template) for content pages.
**Type of Site:** Consumer Product E-Commerce Site - Candy.
**Concept:** Trying for a fun/playful but professional look. Minimal or no Flash or other animation. (Hover effects are OK.) We will complete the actual site by populating the pages with new or existing content - we need a page template design that we can pour content into. The site home page may be based on the template or have its own design, as the designer feels is best.
**Site:** **Please send a private message if you would like to see the URL!
In bid, please provide approriate examples of work performed that shows a design approach similar to what might be used here. **If you provide multiple examples or a portfolio, PLEASE IDENTIFY ONE OR TWO SITES that are most representative of the kind of work that you would propose**.
If you wish, you could also identify in your bid a site or two NOT designed by you but which you feel might be inspiration for your proposed redesign. (If you provide any URLs that are someone else's work, please clearly identify these!)
2) If so agreed upon by the designer and customer, a fully-functional home page for the web site not based on, but compatible with, the template described above.
3) A minimum of 3 mocked-up sample pages (including home page) based on the template showing headings (H1, H2, H3, H4), graphics (page incorporating one or more photos or illustrations), links, or alternate content layouts. The purpose of these mockups is to anticipate various page layouts and provide guidance to subsequent users of the template.
4) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
5)Other technical constraints:
- Navigation content to appear below page content in HTML (can be accomplished by table structure, CSS positioning, etc.).
- Text navigation to be incorporated in some manner - if graphic buttons are used in vertical nav bar, then redundant text to be incorporated at bottom.
- Page header and navigation must be transplantable to Miva Merchant pages. Current site uses a header, side navigation, and a footer.
6) Design constraints:
- Text, not graphic, headings styled with H tags.
- Primary navigation to be vertical, not tabbed.
- This is a fun product, consumed by both adults and children but primarily purchased by adults. Site should be geared to upscale adult visitors but retain a playful mood.
Design should display properly in version 5.x and newer IE/Netscape browsers, and should be usable when viewed in Netscape 4.x. Proper viewing should not require a screen width of more than 800 pixels (design for 770 max).
Maximum use of CSS vs. HTML formatting is preferred. W3C validated code preferred. CSS to be loaded from external file. If necessary, Netscape style sheet to be loaded with link and main style sheet with import.
Dreamweaver/Fireworks compatibility required.