We need a script to show the availability of a holiday-home or house at a website. Per website there will be only one house (at this moment, but you never know...).
Visitors should enter the desired period (pop-up calendar?), after which the scripts shows a calendar with blocked or open weeks. The visitor should be able to click on a open week: this should open an e-mailwindow with some information in the actual message (name of the house, and clicked period). The result should be send to the house owner, together with a confirmation of the inquiry to the visitor. These mails are no bookings: see them as an inquiry send to the owner to see if booking is possible. Bookings are done by the owner and will be confirmed to the visitor. So: online booking is not the purpose.
The script also needs a settings page (owner-login):
- Houses can be rented by week or by weekend and/or from Monday - Friday (midweek). This may switch during the season (Summer only by week, Christmas by week). The owner should be able to set this in a preference-panel. It might be an idea to do this by week-number. The owner should enter a string like 1,26,27,28,29,30,31,42,50,51,52 to set these weeks to weekly rental. Other weeks will be divided in weekends and midweeks automatically. Please note that if dividing is allowed, the house still can be rented for a week.
- It is possible that the house-owner NEVER allows weekend and midweeks-rental, so I think we should give them a checkbox [only by week], so they do not have to enter 52 weeknumbers.
- In this case the house-owner may decide to start the week on saturday i.o. friday. So we need a checkbox [switch on saturday]. If weekend-rental is allowed, this checkbox must be ignored (or hidden).
- We should give them the opportunity to delete information of passed years (clean up database). Never the ongoing year or last year. Maybe a dropdown menu with 2 years back and further back (2005,2004,etc) if present. Button [delete] and alert "are you sure?".
- Checkbox [bookings open for next year]. If checked the website will show calendars for next year, otherwise the site should show a message saying "booking not possible yet" or something like that...
Basically the owner should maintain the availability-database manually by clicking the corresponding checkboxes in an overall calendar (owner-login). I think a 6 month view will do, with arrows to go 3 months further or back.
These calendars have no need to show all days (as for one cannot rent a house for just a few days). I am thinking of 4 columns:
weeknumber (from - to) | week | weekend | midweek
So this will result in:
week 31 (27/07/07 to 03/08/07) | checkbox | checkbox | checkbox
If weekend-rental is not possible (see string above), the 2 corresponding checkboxes (weekend, midweek) should not show in that specific row.
If a checkbox is checked I think the cell should show red, otherwise show green. But this should happen after clicking the confirmation button... :-)
Layout and colorschemes:
Before starting the project, I will make layouts of calendars and pages in HTML with corresponding stylesheets. Being designers we are very strict to how things should look.
Are welcome. We will discuss the project before we start... so everything is clear into finest detail...
17 freelancers estão ofertando em média $264 para este trabalho
Hello, we have done full feature holiday rental websites like [url removed, login to view] so if you would like to get a professional person to do the job contact me to discuss. Thanks.
Hello, We have a similar script premade which contains almost all features what you are looking for renting vacation homes. Kindly let me know if you are intrested. Jay [url removed, login to view]