We want to build a demo simulation of a US airline. We have a file (that will already be created) with instructions about airplanes (time, starting airport, destination airport). The visualization should take that file and render the flights on a map.
We are open to using flash, ajax, any technology that allows you to show a UP map and "planes" moving around.
The visualization will also have a scorecard.
Please see attached file for more information.
2D or 3D. We prefer 3D, but 2D is fine.
Info added on 19-May-2007:
1. scorecard metrics are not calculated. They are given to you in the xml file. For example, consider the example xml line:
This is interpreted as: “at 2:40pm Eastern time, change the value of “Fuel_Used?? to 345.72. These commands are interspersed with the motion commands in one file. The visualization does not have to calculate the scorecard values; the values will be “given?? in the xml file.
2. Examples of scorecards in the pdf are just examples.
To clarify, I wanto describe "requirements" and "extras". "Requirements" are what the deliverable needs to do or have. "Extras" are items that we would like to have (and would be willing to pay for) but are not necessary.
Please read the attachments first, as the list below is not meant to be a complete list of requirements.
1. Ability to read an external file that has instructions in movements.
2. Graphically show objects moving through time.
1. 3D would be nice, but 2D is OK.
2. Scorecard that can pop-up/disappear or be see-thru is nice, but not required.
3. Ability to move the camera around the map is nice, but a stationary map is OK.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Reqd: must be able to run on XP. Also, must be able to be run from a browser. Preferred: Mac compatible if run from a browser. Also, able to be deployed over the web.