A turnkey, completely functional, professional, elegant, eCommerce enabled store directory. Site will feature a fashionable, stylish, flash animation header graphic with stylish, coder created company logo graphhic/text, animated menus, graphics, and slide-show display of small photographs (photos to be supplied by the buyer) as the front end to a backend searchable clothing store directory database. This eCommerce system needs to allow store owners/managers based in every country to create a password protected account, set up a monthly payment via their credit card, in their native currency, to list their shop’s information, location, images, hours, etc. The site billing engine or processor gateway selected must have the ability to automatically re-bill the accounts every month without human intervention. (Please note that the gateway used cannot be Paypal because our client’s merchant account is not in a country supported by Paypal). From the public home page, users to find a sort-able list result of the stores nearest to them, based on their search and sort criteria including store name, keywords, zip code, street address, cross street, area code or city name. Also, an alternative search capability where users can browse a hierarchical list of geographic areas, descending through the hierarchical links from broad geographic areas to narrow ones. Similar in functionality and features to [url removed, login to view], but with a much more stylish front end with flash imagery, professional, elegant animated menus and graphics.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
NOTE TO CODERS:
Please also be specific and responsive in your bids. We are not looking for generic form-letter responses that get sent to every buyer, and we will ignore them as it shows us you do not care about our project enough to address the issues specifically. Please read ALL of this bid completely and carefully and respond specifically to the issues addressed here. If you feel your company can complete part of this project only (ie, just the front end) please specify a price for those aspects you can handle, and if you work with another company or can recommend one that can do the remainder, please send us their contact info. Thank you.
In addition to the Short Description which is hereby included for reference, please note the following details:
Each page of the directory hierarchy needs to have the full geographic name specified so far. For example, if the user starts by selecting the country they want, say “USA,?? then picks “California??, and then picks “Los Angeles?? then that following page needs to have the words “XYZ Shops in Los Angeles, California, USA?? in the H1 header at the top of the page. This hierarchy should be a fancy, flash enabled interface, but all pages must also be duplicated in an HTML based, text-linked structure than search engines can easily index. The list of results can be clicked-on to show more detailed information on each store, including the store name, location address (which then needs to include an iframed map image from Google maps showing the location and directions), phone numbers, store hours, text description, photo or image, website link. (note, NOT simply a link to Google map, but rather an inset image of a google map within this directory sites’ page.
DATABASE BACK END
The database of stores built through several means:
1) Fully-automated (no admin/webmaster intervention required) eCommerce system to accept & register new customers (store managers/owners) who can enter the information about their store, including text, pictures, links, keywords, phone numbers, email, website, etc. After the new customer has entered their data, they are then asked for an initial setup fee of an admin configurable amount $X and a recurring fee of $Y to be billed to their credit card. If the amount is set by the admin to 0, then the customer is only asked to click if they agree to the terms and conditions.
2) Uploaded data from a CSV file can be used to modify the existing database, working the same way Google Base works, where 1 field of each record specifies that the record is to be added (a new record), or delete or modify an existing record.
3) Web based, via an admin ID/password login to the backend where, via an editable form field, either blank or populated with the information from a single existing record or group of records (selected based on search criteria matching any subset of all fields, including record number, entry date, customer name, address, billing type, location, keywords, etc). In other words, the admin can choose to select all records for customers whose entries match the search criteria for the State of New York and who signed up between March 1, 2007 and April 1, 2007 whose last name starts with the letter “S?? and whose entry contains the keyword “special offer.?? Then, once those records are return in a summary list, the admin can select any given result (or all results with one click) and apply an action, such as send an email notice, enable/disable the listing(s), modify the listing(s), etc.
FUNCTIONALITY & DESIGN
Must include a function to allow admin to excluding particular geographic areas (for instance, disallow customers from adding an entry for a particular country, city, zip code, street, etc, so that desired regions can be sold as exclusives to a single store or set of stores in a given area.
Function to allow geographic based pricing so that the admin can set a different price for monthly member ship for any given region, such as a particular country, state, street, or zip code. For instance, the admin needs to be able to specify that the price for New York to be $X, and California to be $Y, and all other states to be $Z, and owners in France to be $N, etc. Special pricing can also be set for an individual given account. Note to RAC Coders, in order to screen the responses we receive, you can get an edge over your competition, by simply proving that you have actually read all this bid, all you need to do is please put the characters “XYZQ?? in the subject of your bid. Thank you for your cooperation.
All pages of the site to MUST be completely Search Engine friendly, meaning if they are anything other than .html static pages, then a .html copy of the page must be automatically generated every time the internal DB content used to generate that page is changed. All internal site links with the .html version must always link exclusively to the other static .html pages, except for the few pages of non-content required as part of the eCommerce ordering and checkout process.
System to be entirely "hands-free" system, meaning that no human intervention is required once it is up and running, but does allow admin access to all areas of the site and database for modifications & updates if desired.
For geographic areas that have no listings, a placeholder page is to be generated , containing the full text description of that geographic location, such as “Los Angeles, California, USA, 90048?? and configurable HTML such as “list your store by clicking here?? and/or advertising (ie, Google AdSense) ads to appear there. Must be easy to navigate, fast, be compatible with IE6 & IE7 on WinXP & Vista, and MacOS (also Safari for MacOS).
Note: All work must be presented in working form, on our domain, via an accessible web link for us to review at each stage of the project. Items deemed to require changes in the opinion of the buyer shall be updated by the Coder in a timely fashion.
The system design must be modular and extensible, so that new components and features can be added later, allowing, for example, for extra fields in each record of the database, new pages on the site, new search criteria, etc.
QUESTIONS If you note that any particulars of the spec above are particularly expensive in terms of time or cost to implement, please break those items out as separate elements so that we can understand where the costs are coming from. A complete breakdown of cost by section is not necessary, though it would be greatly appreciated. Also, please be sure to include the URLs of some *relevant* examples of your recent work. Thank you.
Coder, please specify your recommended platform, operating system, WSP, off-the-shelf engine required, gateway processor (Paypal is not acceptable because our client is located in a non-paypal country), and each of these costs, if not included in your bid. If you are flexible on these items, simply specify the capabilities required. Ideally, we prefer to host this site at [url removed, login to view] which uses a Grid Server technology. Their specs are here: [url removed, login to view] If the ecommerce engine, database, and site can function under their hosting plan, you will rank higher in our evaluation of your bid.