Email server round-trip check application:
1. User enters his pop3/imap/SNMP server account details using Flash interface and click test button.
2. First it performs in-bound check. Via PHP backed, the application sends a test email to user's email account from our pre-configured account.
3. then it connects to user's account via pop3 and/or imap and checks if email arrived.
4. If email arrived it informs user that inbound check was successful and starts outbound check.
5. PHP backend now sends a test email from user's SMTP server to our preconfigured account. Then it connect to our account and checks if email arrived.
6. If arrived it gives a success message and stops.
As soon user hits check button it should show start testing and it should show current status messages:
checking POP3 account,
connecting IMAP (or POP3) account, email found/no-found,
email found in spam folder. It may return the following errors/messages:
Cannot connect to your POP3 (or IMAP) account, please check settings.
Test email just sent
Could not find test email sent to your account.
Email received but in your spam folder.
backend should be php, front-end should be flash. Flash could be located on any server and may use crossdomain call to the server. Server will have cross-domain xml. Message texts should also be in config file.