I want to clone a feature found on [url removed, login to view]
In summary it is a "ringtone" maker / MP3 cropper with a flash front end.
The steps would be:
1. A user posts an MP3 in a HTML form (or gives a url to an MP3 from the web).
2. The MP3 is now uploaded and the flash application kicks in. This is the main part, which is basically a simple audio "editor". I.e you can see the audio waves graphically and you have play and stop buttons.
There is a selection field which is limited to a given number of seconds (fex 30 seconds), and you can drag and move the selected area back and forth but never make it bigger than the mentioned 30 sec length. See [url removed, login to view] and you will understand.
In addition to what you see at pocketfuzz we want to be able to click within the selected area to move the playing position in real time to that position, and then the player would continue to play from there.
3. Once the user is happy with the selection and clicks "create ringtone" then I assume that timing information is sent back to a PHP script which then cuts and encodes a new MP3 based based on the given positions. I think this can be done with ffmpeg or?
Once we have the finished cropped ringtone available the job is done. The name of the cropped ringtone should be named after a variable given in the form in step 1.
Some additional notes:
- A working example needs to be shown before the deal is done.
- PHP, Flash and Linux (any additional apps must be linux - ffmpeg etc) are the tools to be used.
- We will provide the graphical design after the bid has been accepted. We don't want any of the additional input fields shown at pocketfuzz as name, phone number and carrier.
- If it is possible we want an option/button to loop the playback of the selected area.
- I think it is possible to add a fade in/fade out with ffpmeg. If so, the interface will have an option to enable that. That option will not be previewable though.