To bid for this project, you must meet the following criteria:
• You MUST be competant in PHP (especially in setting cookies)
• You MUST be competant in Flash with a thorough knowledge of Actionscript 1.0 (or 2.0)
This project can be divided into two halves.
The first half of the project invloves a "Skip Intro" button that sends a bunch of variables to stop various clips on the Flash site from playing. The "Skip Intro" button also needs to stop clips that are "clips loaded within the main (parent) clip". The "Skip Intro" button also needs to work on clips (two of them in particular) that might not have been loaded into the main clip by the time the button is pressed. In other words, by the time the clips are finished loading, if the button is pressed the clips need to be completely motionless (with no moving or any fancy Flash animations running).
The second half of the project involves a custom checkbox that can be selected by the user if they select the "Skip Intro Every Visit" checkbox. To see what I mean, click [here]. (The site is on a testing server and is still in its development phase).
Basically what happens is, if the checkbox is selected, then there is a cookie planted in the users PC which will then in turn relay variables back to the Flash movie that causes the Flash website to completely 'skip the intro'. This saves the user from having to click the "Skip Intro" button everytime they visit the site.
I hope I've explained myself sufficiently. If there's anything that you're unsure of, then please don't hesitate to ask.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
I'm using Flash MX 2004 Professional