This is to create a? horizontal news ticker that gets its data from an XML file. The complex part is that the sign of the data will determine the color of the text and will generate a triangle pointing up if positive and down if negative. Basically it's like a stock market ticker.
Here are the specific details of the project:
Create a horizontal news ticker 948px wide x 30 px high. There will be a 1px border in #CCCCCC, the background of the ticker is #FFFFFF. There will need to be some way of adjusting the scrolling speed in a config file.
The data for the ticker will come from an XML file. Each element will have 4 data points
1) The name of the element
2) A dollar value of the element
3) The change in the dollar value of the element (signed)
4) The percentage change in the dollar value of the element
1) Eco-concious Furniture Buyers
2) [url removed, login to view]
3) [url removed, login to view]
If 3) is positive (unsigned) then 2) 3) 4) will appear in GREEN #009933 and there will be a triangle in GREEN pointing up (wingdings 3)
If 3) is negative then 2) 3) 4) will appear in RED #FF0000 and there will be a triangle in RED pointing down (wingdings 3)
The type details are as follows:
1) Arial 11px regular
2) 3) 4) Arial 11px bold
The triangles can either be from Wingdings ? or can be images created from those fonts.
The type is centered top and bottom in the ticker box. The right and left margins on the box are 10px. The scrolling is to the left. There is a 15px space between the elements.
Create the XML file format for the data, create the flash objects that generate the ticker, create some kind of variable file to change speed and any other thing you think we need to change. we will upload new XML files on a regular basis to change the data.
This will be installed in a website that uses PHP. I would like the ticker application to be in its own folder at top level.?
Speed in getting this done is a premium, will pay more for 1 or 2 days completion.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Flash, needs to work in IE6+, Firefox 2+, Safari