we had a website created but are not happy with the job the developer did so we need someone to fix it. it's your choice if you want to fix what they did or start from scratch. the live site is visible here: [url removed, login to view] and the existing source is attached. with your bid please answer the following questions:
* how long will it take you to complete? when can you start?
* how will you code the public & intranet portions of the careers section? what language? how integrated into flash? what db?
* what major issues do you see with the existing coding of the site, and how will you fix them?
* what other experience do you have on flash websites like this - links to actual projects are appreciated!
please ask any questions before bidding. thanks, and look forward to seeing your bid!
the following changes will need to be made:
* the menu needs to be fully dynamic - it's currently partially dynamic (based on an xml file) in that you can change items and links but we need to be able to add or remove menu items at either the main level or the popup level and have the menus reflect that change. currently the number of menu items is fixed.
* when navigating between the front page and all internal pages, there should be no screen refesh - it shouldn't flash white while loading the next page
* it takes too long to navigate between pages - should be much faster
* need a much better way of editing the html within the internal pages - now the html syntax is way too particular, and the pages should be stored in cleanly formatted html (with indenting) rather than now how many are all one long string
* bullets on pages need to be white - same as the text
* problems with existing menus need to be fixed
* fade in/out of the images/text on the home page needs to be made less jumpy
* homepage needs to detect if the user has flash and if not, redirect to a page which offers the option to download flash or view a non-flash version (creating this non-flash version is not part of this bid)
jobs page needs to be redone to allow dynamic updating of jobs via intranet pages. the first three paragraphs are fine, but instead of the 5 job descriptions it should list the 6 departments and the titles of the jobs similar to this:
| DIVISION OF MENTAL HEALTH | DIVISION OF YOUTH SERVICES |
| * Job Title 1 | No current openings |
| * Job Title 2 | |
| DIVISION OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE | HIV/AIDS PREVENTION PROGRAMS |
| No current openings | No current openings |
| DIVISION OF EDUCATION | MAINTENANCE & HOUSEKEEPING |
| No current openings | * Job title 3 |
| | * Job title 4 |
| | * Job title 5 |
formatting should of course be improved! clicking on one of the job titles would then take the user to a page which has the title, description, and location for that job displayed as it currently is. the intranet area to edit these jobs can be created in any language you want however it must be based on data in either an access or mssql database. the intranet page should have the same 6 areas as above however each one should also have an "add new position" button which allows adding a new job to that area. clicking on an existing position will allow editing or deletion of that position.
i have a very high attention to detail and expect you to also. for example, now on the popup menus,
* the right and left edges aren't the same on all the different menus (they should be exactly as it is on the current youth services popup).
* the left edge of all the popups on the internal pages should be exactly like the substance abuse item is currently
* the rounded corners of the popups don't meet up very good
* the horizontal lines where the main menu item meet the popup do not meet up cleanly
* on the internal pages, the Intensive Case Management item on the Mental Health menu is slightly too far to the left
* when the main menu items are selected, the amount of space above and below the text is not equal these are just examples of things i noticed and letting you know that i expect them to be fixed.
you will need to deliver:
* the entire site, with source and a ready to run compiled version
* all layouts, colors, and fonts must be exactly the same, and the animation on the front page does not need to be changed (except to improve loading)
* all pages must be included, with code formatted in a much more readable and editable layout
standard RAC requirements:
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
the website is hosted on a windows 2003 server, should be designed using flash 8 or below, and should work on all major browsers, including IE 5+, firefox, opera, and safari.