Looking for someone to program a 'text-based group chat room' in Flash/Actionscript with custom features. (Exising group chat room software can be used as well as long as you can add the custom features). Group chat room will be mouse-driven with text inputs. This chat room will be added to existing website programmed in PHP/MySql. This chat room will be a competition between website members on who guesses the next action of the host. The chat room will have 1 'host' communicating with 3 - 20 members. The member who guesses correctly will be given points. This chat room needs to be loaded into a webpage which will also have another flash application running from influxis.com. These applications do NOT interact directly or exchange data! I will be happy to answer any questions on the details of this job. Thank you for your submissions.
The chat room will work with 1 'host' communicating with 3 - 20 members. The host and members will have a slightly different setups (functions). There are 2 stages (2nd stage is initiated by host) of this group chat room which is detailed below.
Member Chat functions:
*Member will need to login to chat room with their username and password that they use for the main website which is currently done using a MySql database.
*Member data from the MySql database needs to be 'brought' into chat room -- specifically the amount of credit in their account.
*Member chat window needs to have 3 sections, displaying different information to the member.
- First section will be small window which displays the usernames of all members in the room along with their "point total" which starts at 100 when they enter the room. This section needs to be refreshed as the point totals of the members change.
- Second section will be small window under the first section which will be used for members to input text. When a member inputs text, points are deducted from their total.
- Third section needs to be main window to the left of the other 2 sections. This section will display all requests that have been input by the members. Host will select one of the inputs and that input will be highlighted (flash/bold). Points will be added to the member who input that text.
Host Chat functions:
*Host will need to login to chat room with their username and password that they use for the main website which is currently done using a MySql database.
*Chat window needs to display a running timer and the requests entered by the members.
*Host needs to click one of the requests submitted by the members which will then be highlighted. (flashing or in bold)
*Host will then click on a button to clear the chat window and display the new requests input by the members.
*Need a button to start next stage of chat session
Member Chat Functions:
*Chat window will have 2 sections
- First section is a small section which allows member to input text and will also have a drop down box with pre-programmed dollar amounts. To submit text that dollar amount will be deducted from the credit in their account.
- Second section is main window which displays all the text submitted by the members and the total amount of credit collected for each input. This list of text should be in order according to the amount of credit collected. This sections also needs a countdown timer from 30 seconds. Every 30 seconds the member MUST select a text input on the screen using their mouse. Beside each text input on the screen will be a drop down box with pre-programmed dollar amounts. Every 30 seconds this amount will be deducted from their credit. Member is kicked out of chat room if credit = zero.
Host Chat Functions:
*Host window will display all text input from members and the total amount of credit collected for each input in order of money collected.
*Host will select one of the text inputs using mouse which will then be highlighted on the Host and Member screens.
*Host will remove requests on list by using mouse.
*Need total amount of money collected displayed on screen in real time during 2nd stage.