PLEASE NOTE; Only apply if you're from London or nearby. No agencies!
We’re looking for a new designer and developer to join us (a new online marketing agency). The work will be contracts at first then it will change into more regular work. We need someone who has decent skills and experience already but don’t need to be perfect. You can be a student, a recent graduate or even without formal qualifications but need to have a small portfolio to illustrate your potential output.
As a designer you should be able to:
1. Use HTML5, CSS3 and Jquery quite well
2. Use Photoshop or any other suitable alternatives to create mock ups and concepts based on brief
3. Reproduce mock ups properly in code
4. Most importantly, you need to have a flair for flat and modern design so it looks sleek. Clunky or outdated websites are a no no.
5. Plus: (aside from being good with mock ups which is a must) if you can also do logos, banners, leaflets etc. and we like your flair, it would be a big plus.
As a developer you should be able to:
1. Use PHP, Mysquel and relevant code libraries. Ajax would be a plus
2. Convert a static website to WordPress and modify existing WordPress websites. Being able to do this with Joomla, Drupal or other CMS would be a plus.
3. Be able to set up a standard ecommerce website with shopping carts
4. Integrate secure payment gateways to a website. PayPal etc.
If you’re a good designer or a developer but not both, you can still apply, just let us know. In both cases, we need at least 3-4 websites (preferably more) you have designed from scratch (as a designer), or have been solely responsible for the programming (as a developer).
You should be well rounded and be reliable. Lead times and deadlines are important so it’s important you work well in this regard. You should be efficient; if you like to stretch work out and do it in double the time please do not apply. How slow or efficiently you work is an indication of how skilled you are and how much experience you have.
Please answer the above questions and show us how you satisfy the above criteria. Finally, please include examples of:
A. How many hours it would take you to design a small 4 page brochure website
B. How long it would take to convert that brochure site to WP
C. How long it would take to add a shopping cart, a back end and PayPal integration to the same website (in this step you can decide what cms or back end to use).
Although it’ll be contract work to start with, we are looking to recruit the right candidate to be a key member of the company. Even if you don’t get contracts straight away, we will keep you on record if you are suitable.