[url removed, login to view] is a website/search engine for flights, hotel and car hire that allows users to search for flights, hotels, cars and compare their prices. [url removed, login to view] is powered by Skyscanner and Hotelscombined.
Project and High-Level Requirements
The aim of the project is to build a high quality, highly functional responsive web site for [url removed, login to view], which is capable of being extended to incorporate new additions.
You will receive the following documents and information once we have agreed on working together. These documents will be sufficient for you to complete the project but we will provide continuous support on the process.
• A detailed functional requirement documents which will include all the wireframes of the page layouts (including desktop and mobile views) and detailed explanations of the functionalities and interactions on them.
• The information architecture of the website (matched with the page layouts)
• The design(brand) guidelines document which will include logo, font usage details, color palette etc.
• Detailed project plan (to be agreed on with you)
1. Graphic Design
From the wireframes of the page layouts, you will have to create the graphical visual design (i.e. look & feel) of all the page layouts. We will work closely in this part of the project, in order to decide on the graphics and look&feel as fast as possible.
The design of the website will be modern, simple and easy to use.
2. Front-end Design
The design of the website will be responsive to provide an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices.
3. Back-end Development
At this point, we will have all the CSS, HTMLs and JS for the front-end of the website. So from now on, you will focus on working for the back-end development and integrating these front-end files with the back-end.
The site will use the APIs of Skyscanner and Hotelscombined. For flights and car hire, the site will retrieve information from Skyscanner. For hotels, the site will retrieve information from Hotelscombined.
There will be a simple membership to the website via email or social accounts.
The site will be build upon an open source CMS or a custom admin panel should be created in order to make content updates (on some layouts) without any dependency on release.
The sharp deadline for the project will be 28 February 2015 including the user acceptance tests. We would ask for a warranty period of 10 - 20 days in case of occurence of any problems on live environment.
• Skills required for this project: Graphic design, front-end development(HTML5, CSS3, JS), back-end development (PHP, Ruby, integrations, database etc.)
• Weekly checkpointw via email or video conference is required for the sake of the project
• Payment can be made through PayPal
• Experience on Skyscanner and Hotelscombined integrations is a plus
• Please provie a portfolio of your previous work