I have a long list of things that I would like my website to either do or look like, but here are the important points.
1. The site should have a blog, online store and a marketplace.
The Blog should allow multiple writers to post and be recognized. I want to be able to make posts with clickable pages. Check out the example below
[url removed, login to view]
2. The entire site, must mesh/blend well. I do not want a user clicking the online store and going to a different page with different looks and styles.
3. Ad friendly. I want to be able to place ads at any desired place. I am aware of adsense rules and regulations, but I currently have issues placing my ads at relevant locations where I think the most people will see it.
4. The marketplace will require member registration/login and will be moderated. Please see http://sneakerthirst.activeboard.com. I messed around with a site that offers a forum and this looks and works fine! The only issue is integrating that into my website layout.
5. The store will be a place to buy shoes. So I would like a store that allows many attributes, like size, price, brand, etc. I have used opencart before and am currently using ecwid. Both are good, but I do not know how to program the code behind them to fit my websites design.
6. My current website is [url removed, login to view] by the way
7. I browse a lot of news sites and I love the layout of www.cnbc.com. My blog site does not have to be a carbon copy of the site, but I like the highlighted section and preview options that let the reader choose what they want to read.
8. I have had different websites and would like to get a clean version of everything put together, I have my logo, but I would like a clean design, and I think the marketplace and store will need specific code
9. The backend, where I and my other co workers will update the blog and add/sell products needs to be user friendly. I shouldn't have to call on you if I need to update a gallery, product or make a daily update.
10. Mobile friendly. How does the website look on a mobile phone?
11. I have a web hosting company right now, but i am open to switching.
12. I would like to stick to either a black or white background, but any other design details are open.
That's a good summary of what I would like out of a new website. Thanks for your time and I hope my needs can be met.