We have a website that we want to have re-done with some improvements made. We have an existing site, so we will just be changing the layout and adding a few new features listed below. We have the new design template and we'll use the existing content and images from the website. Once the main page and the subpage templates are done we can use them to create the additional pages.
New Features / Enhancements - we may have a few more as we work through the project, but they won't be anything major.
1. Locate users based on IP and show them which event we have that is nearest to them within a 30 mile radius. (If applicable. - Some users won't have an event near them so this won't always apply.)
Add a database to our site for the event specific data so that we can use it on our website. We'll need a quick, and easy way to add new events and manage (add, edit, delete) the info in the database. Each of our events will have a separate page that we will just replicate and change whatever variable we need to so that it pulls in that events data. We'll need the following fields in the database.
- event page url
- event title
- venue name
- image (need to be able to upload it)
- early bird price
- early bird deadline
- regular price
- regular price deadline
- late price,
- late price deadline
- day of price
- charity name
- charity url
- charity image (need to be able to upload it)
- status: (open, closed, sold-out, pre-register. If a city is listed as pre-register then it will load a different page and pull in the pre-register url)
- pre-register url
- registration url
- guide url (If a guide url exists, it will be displayed in several places on the page. If not, it shouldn't display anything)
- volunteer url
- local comments url
When we first schedule an event, we won't have all the information to enter. So when the database does not contain any info for a field, we'll need to have an if/then statement to show a generic statement (or nothing at all) since the data won't be uploaded yet.
2. On the event specific pages, if a cut-off date (for example, price increase from early bird pricing to regular pricing) is going to take place within the next 10 days we want a notification to appear on the event page letting users know they need to "sign up before the price increases on x date."
- If the cut-off date is upcoming, the message should say something like: "Register before 10/31/13 and save!"
- If the cut-off date is 'today' the message should say something like: "Register before midnight today and save!"
- The "Day of" pricing would not be included in the query when looking for an upcoming cut-off date.
- Sometimes we have two cut-off dates in the database within a 10 day period. We will only want to show the next cut-off date.
- We will need to have this feature built and added to the layout/design in a professional way.
3. On our locations page which has the table showing all our events, we need to add and implement a solution (a table or similar) so users can select to view the events sorted by sorted by
- chronological: Only shows events with dates.
- alphabetical (by state, then by city), - Shows all event's including pre-register, open, sold-out, closed
- We'll need to have some design improvements on this page so it is displayed in a professional way.
4. Using our new design, we need to update all the pages. We have approx 7 main pages that need to be updated and then any other pages will just be duplicated from one of the main pages.
Once you have database and the necessary pages created, we can then duplicate the pages and change the variable so it loads the correct info from the database for each event page we need.
There will also be some minor design enhancements we'll need to work together on. After completion we will need to be able to edit/modify the code in the future so we need the programming to be clean and follow the correct structure.
Hi I am arul. i ready to redesign your websites i will make 4 tasks in 7 days. #[login to view URL] based events. #2.events. we can talk more about project? Thanks Arul.
35 freelancers estão ofertando em média $674 para esse trabalho
Hi, We have a good team of expert coders and designers in New Delhi, [login to view URL] have many satisfied clients all over the [login to view URL] already have successfully launched many ecommerce,blog, social networking and other web Mais