We need to modify a theme's Related Posts code, without the use of any external plugins. We don't have a live site, but will provide you theme files for you to test on your own.
Example Theme Demo Post Page: [url removed, login to view]
(In that demo post page, the bottom section that says "More in Tech" is the related posts section.)
Currently, it only grabs one category, then lists posts for that one category.
Instead, we would like it to:
- List 12 related posts.
- Find other posts with the most tags (not categories) in common.
- List them in descending order from the "most tags in common" to the least.
- Randomly shuffle the order of posts with same number of tags in common (for example, if it finds 4 posts all with 4 tags in common, there is no clear order, so they should be shuffled)
- If unable to completely fill 12 spots, grab any other random posts to fill the remaining spots.
- Some sort of basic caching to reduce calculations per page load.
- Look identical to the original.
54 freelancers are bidding on average $142 for this job
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks