We are setting up a Web-based business to sell wood structures (sheds, barns, and gazebos) over the Internet. Customers will have the ability on the Website to completely customize the product to meet their specific needs, and then order it on the website. Our goal is to have a very professional, and secure, website (neat, organized, and very user friendly) where users order with their credit card. While the website will provide numerous options for the customer to choose from, it must also be very simple to use and not overwhelm the user. (Because we want the customer to be able to order by going through only four screens, we plan to make extensive use of pop-up windows, and text that appears when you roll the cursor over an image to explain the options.)
We are looking for someone who has worked with, and helped establish, other small businesses that operate over the Internet and has the following skills:
1. An excellent understanding of web design for ecommerce sites.
2. An understanding of the ecommerce alternatives, online credit card processing, and the ability to help us select the most cost effective alternative that will meet our needs.
3. An understanding of the natural reluctance of the potential customer to order a structure without seeing it first, and how the website can be designed so as to overcome this reluctance and inspire trust. The website should convey the message that the customer is buying a high quality product at significant savings by ordering in this manner.
Another goal of the design is to set up a site where the customer will hopefully find that the "build-your-own structure" approach makes the shopping experience a fun one.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
we seek the least costly, and most effective alternative.