I would like a web application with a very simple web interface that would allow me to type in a cell phone number and type in a message and then send the message to the cell phone so that the recipient receives the message as a text message.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday May 22, 2007 11:34:49 AM:
Thank you for your bid. I need to clarify my Description of the project. I need a website that will provide users with the ability to send a text message from any computer to one cell phone or several cells phones. The following are my expectations for the project:
1. Website design: I already have a domain name but I would like a website created for this application. I would like the design of the website to be the exact same style as the Tellme site [url removed, login to view] The Tellme site has a different purpose but I like the simplicity and clean design of the site. I do NOT want to instruct the programmer on every step of the design process. I am looking for someone that will take the initiative and has the design skill to create a design interface that is clean and attractive on their own.
2. Simple web application: I would like the home page to resemble the following yahoo mobile site… [url removed, login to view] except I would want the FAQ part on the Yahoo site (below the app) on a separate FAQ page.
IMPORTANT: I would like to let my users send unlimited text messages to a single person or several people FOR FREE. I am looking for a coder that can recommend the cheapest and most efficient method for offering this service to the most providers. Perhaps I should only offer the service in the USA because I know that some providers offer free e-mail to SMS gateways because they are willing to charge only the recipient. I would like the programmer to help me set up the relationships with the providers to be able to provide this service for free for my users.
3. I would like to have a “sign in?? section on the home page so users can sign in and create an account. I want the interface to be very clean and simple. I would like the users to be ab le to keep a list of people that they have added to their account. I also would like users to be able to select several of their contacts to send a message to all of them at the same time. I also want them to be able to save specific lists for text message distribution. I believe the site [url removed, login to view] offers a service similar to what I would like to provide.
5. I would like to keep track of the users who have created accounts on my site. I would like to be able to send them emails easily and also download their information into an excel spreadsheet.
6. I would like a small advertising section built into the home page of the site. Similar to… [url removed, login to view] the Yahoo Mobile site. But I would like it smaller and underneath a “sign in?? button to the right of the appli cation. I would like to control which advertisements are on the site
7. I would like a nice logo created for the name of the site. I would like it simple but to look professional.