We would like to redesign our website to be contemporary, vibrant, clean, neat, elegant, corporate, and professional. The website is www.PredictionImpact.com. Keywords: website, web design, website design, refresh, overhaul, face lift, makeover, rebuild. This website simply provides content/information for a small consultancy -- it is not dynamic. So the new design will mostly be just static HTML. The challenge is creating an elegant, professional design and porting the existing content into that design. 85% of the current content and organization will remain the same. The biggest changes in organization will be the layout of the landing page, and a second level of hierarchy in a few places (that is, in addition to the menu bar across the top, some areas will have a second set of selections down the left column; the "training" pages already have this organization). Other miscellaneous changes such as some pages splitting into 2 or 3 pages will also be specified. The only non-HTML that will be require, to my knowledge/understanding, will be so that button colors change when you roll over the menu bar with the mouse, and there may be some non-HTML required to create a module/box/blurb that appears on multiple pages but can be changed everywhere by only changing one file (see details below). We'd like a clean, elegant design similar to pivotalsf.com. However, we'd like it to look a bit more professional and corporate than that one. This may happen "automatically" since most of our pages have more content, so it will be more full and therefore more professional in that respect. However, something that takes that idea and goes a little more in the direction of a more corporate-looking site such as [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view], would be good, but please keep it friendlier and simpler than those.
Ultimately, even if you use Dreamweaver or the like, we'd like to be able to do basic updates by hand in HTML, if possible. These updates will include:
- Updating the blurb/ad for our training date/location (see below)
- Add new articles to the list of published articles
- Add new pages to the newsletter archive (currently misplaced under Contact)
- Add/change the lists of staff and partner pages
- Add to the lists of clients, training participants, and training testimonials
One feature we need is a blurb/ad that names the next time/location of the training seminar we offer. It should appear in a rounded rectangle (something like those on [url removed, login to view]) and appear on many or possibly all pages -- and it should be possible to update its contents by only modifying one file.
LOGO AND SEO:
If you are interested in also assisting us with a new logo and/or SEO, please indicate:
- The additional price you would charge (your bid should NOT include these services)
- What you would propose to do to help us
- Your portfolio of experience in these areas
(Note that the site currently does some simple SEO via tags and filenames; these must be kept intact in the new version.)
Additional detailed requirements:
- Menu bar buttons should highlight or change when rolled over
- The menu bar button corresponding to the current page must be highlighted or changes in some way to let the user know where s/he is
- No drop-down menus desired
When you bid on this project, please provide:
- A MOCKUP DESIGN / LAYOUT IS REQUIRED
- Your website design samples/portfolio
- What software you plan to use (e.g., Dreamweaver)
- What language(s) beyond HTML will be needed, if any
All the usual deliverables also apply:
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The new website must run on all browsers, including safari, various Explorer versions, Firefox and Opera.