I am inviting proposals to automate the detection and saving of RSS links published on the web into a database, which can be further categorized to build into a directory freely available to the public. Frankly, I am tired of searching for RSS links on the web, and having to subscribe to syndication services that charge a fee for a format that was created to be FREE.
1. A crawler program that indexes any openly available RSS links published by site owners, and saves the URL into a MySQL database.
2. An editor interface to access the RSS links gathered by the crawler program and categorize them into a directory structure. I have some draft working code ready to be shared with the winning coder.
3. Java-based solution is preferred.
4. While JSP/Servlet is acceptable, MVC implementation would be preferred.
(I am leaving the requirements open so your creativity will be most welcome.)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Java/JSP (JDK 1.4 or newer)