I need a custom virtual print driver that will print to PDF as follows: send user data to a web application, upload the resulting PDF file as HTTP/POST to a web server, and then delete the generated file. The basic application flow should be something like:
1. User selects "Print" in any application
2. User selects our custom driver from the list of available drivers
3. User fills out 4-5 fields on a simple form
4. User clicks "upload" on form
5. Software sends data entered in step 3 to PHP/MySQL web application
6. Web application responds with Success (new DocumentID#) or Failure Notification
7. Software creates cover page that includes User entered data and DocumentID#
8. Software creates PDF of printout plus cover page
9. Software uploads PDF using HTTP/Post to secure site that requires authentication
10. Software displays appropriate message to User
1. The web application is already built. We just need the driver development.
2. THIS IS NOT A WEB APPLICATION. We need a custom print driver/desktop application built. It should run in Windows XP/Vista (earlier versions would be a plus).
3. Output shouldn't just be an image saved as a PDF--it should be a text/images/etc inside a PDF. I imagine that the best way to do that is thru PostScript. Basically, the output should be very similar to something like PDFCreator but then after the file is created it needs to be sent as HTTP POST data to a URL.
4. The documents will be English/Spanish/French -- no Asian fonts, etc. But they will contain images.