This project is a test project to determine if google app and GWT can be a good platform to develop a web based applications to analyze stock prices.
The test project is focused on very simple part: download, store, display stock prices (historical values and daily quotes).
The goal of the application:
- Download intraday,daily, weekly and monthly quotes for a given set of stock values.
- Schedule the download by allowing the user to define key parameters such as intraday, daily, .., list of quotes to download and the frequency to refresh the download (every 5 minutes, every hour, ...)
- Display in a google excel doc the stock prices for a given value for a given frequency
So the UI for the application? must contain 3 main tabs/pages:
1/ One? named "Stock Values": One excel table (a google doc imbeded in the page to be more precise) to enter the list of vaues to be downloaded and the frequency for the download. Of course these values will have to be stored to be available once the application is relaunched. It may be save the excel sheet containing the values plus attributes or save the excel sheet. The simplest will be the best, My prefered solution will be save in google excel doc
2/ One named? "Stock Parameters": ? to specify the parameters for the download: Starting time and frequency or right niw. Those parameters will be used for the shceduler as one of the goal of the application is to schedule the download of the stock prices. Here again those parameters will have to be saved and displayed when the application is restarted.
3/ One named "Stock Display":with an google excel file embeded, a combo box containing the values that can be "displayed", one combo box with dates available (depends on the value of course), one combo box with the frequency. One the value, the date and the frequency have been selected, the associated data must be displayed in a google excel doc
Depending on the frequency, the web site to be connected with to download the quote can be different (yahoo or euronext). **All data downloaded must be stored in Google big table.
To display the quotes, it will be quite simple: a combox box to select the values to be displayed and the frenquency and then the quotes must be displayed in a Google worksheet. Then if needed I will use Google worksheet capabilities to compute drawings, ...
The only difficulty for the display is to not create a new worksheet each time a new value is selected but reuse the one already open.
Except for the display, please have a look on the excel application joined to have a more precise idea of what I'm looking for:
- Download the .rar
- Unzip it
- Open the workbook named [url removed, login to view] (warning all the file must be unziped in the same directory) and auotrize macros
- Go on the sheet named "update data"
- Click on the button "Get data" and then the download start and you can see the data downloaded in a folder named "data" at the same location
Only bid from experimented programer in java and GWT will be considered.