I need to install **Apache** + **Tomcat** + Continuous Integration (**Hudson**) softwares on a dedicated linux server. You will have root access during the work.
This server will be used for programmers to test and deploy every day the new source code
# Programmer Server Installation
Install on a server :
* FTP server
* Apache Httpd
* Apache Tomcat
* MySQL server
* Subversion server
* Mantis Bug Tracker
* JsUnit Server
* write a notice
* later (it will be another bid)
## FTP server
Install [ProFTPd] server, with an access directory for root, nicolas (me), you, and one programmer
## Apache Http (httpd)
Apache http server 2.2.x with :
* [mod_auth_basic], [mod_auth_digest], [mod_cgi], [mod_dav], [mod_rewrite], and of course [mod_ssl]
* latest Perl
Before starting, take a look on Tomcat configuration to see where to use mod_jk to link correctly httpd and Tomcat. I don't know if mod_jk is deprecated (I used it two years ago)
Don't forget to write each steps on the notice !
## Apache Tomcat 6.0.x
Tomcat will work behind Apache httpd.
Be sure that the request http://184.108.40.206/edupassion/login leads to the correct jsp page.
## MySQL Server
Install the [5.0 version], with no change on the root password
## Continuous Integration
The goal is to use Hudson to test and deploy everyday the new source code. Subversion might be already integrated. If Hudson also integrates a bug tracker, don't install Mantis.
Hudson is a relatively new continuous integration tool, but highly sponsored by Sun, so with good documentation. It's very easy to install : it's just a WAR. You should test it with the robusta source code, wich is stable with a few old tests that won't pass. Try to deploy a web application with [url removed, login to view] wich is pretty empty.
Write on the notice :
* How to add a user
* How to build the new code
* How to test the new code (with JUnit & JsUnit)
* How to deploy the web application.
It might be tricky to use automated tests with JsUnit. Try this at the end of your work. If thre
The goal is to be able to manage many Web Applications. Some user will have access to some web applications (WAR) or Java applications (JAR), some will not.
I don't know if we need to create many repository or only one (I think we need to create many directories in the trunk directory). The applications will be :
* robusta : JAR: personal java toolbox (GPL)
* xseditor : JAR : framework to handle user generated content
* elibrary : JAR : framework to handle the scholar datas
* edupassion : WAR : graphical web application - will have access on the web services
* wsedupassion : WAR : web service to datas on students and teachers
* wsxseditor : WAR : web service to deliver datas on documents.
Mantis is a popular bug tracker system. Please configure it to avoid the sending of hundreds of bugs.
## [JsUnit Server]
## Configuration with Netbeans 6.1
* Check that the [Netbeans plug-in for Hudson] works correctly on the server
* Check that Netbeans can import and use correctly the subversion server. See [here]
Install the [twiki system] on the server [(installation guide]).
Create an administrator account and a simple user account. If you have problems with the installation, we'll perhaps use an online twiki (but it's very slow).
* This will be the deliverable - to finish your contract with RAC
* Write each steps you have done on the server. If you have used some scripts, write them in the notice.
* Write userName/passwords you use.
* It will be written in a Google Doc document.
* install httpd, Tomcat, Mysql and ssl on the production server.
* A few stuff on the test server, and production server
* A few stuff on automatic integrations (we'll see what we need)
* organize the back-ups of the production server
* import some notes on the twiki