This project is to select and integrate a open source CMS into an existing web application. The coder must identify an open CMS that supports key features (e.g. Forums, Inter-user messaging, mailing lists, events) and integrate certain it into existing web application through Single Sign On.
- the coder must only a) select the CMS, and b) integrate it into existing project with single signon.
- the current web application is a community website written in Java/hibernate/struts. However, this is not a requirement for the CMS - which should only be well integrated.
- In the future, I anticipate the CMS to be used to implement several upcoming features, and essentially to become the bulk of the web application framework. Therefore, the CMS should be extensible, easy to code/understand, with well maintained code and an active developer community.
Key elements of completing this work are:
1. Identify an open-source CMS to enhance key features of the web application.
-- The CMS must meet the criteria provided previously, and support the features identified.
-- All bidders must propose which CMS they would use, PRIOR to selection of the bidder.
2. Add the CMS code into the CVS/Eclipse project and integrate the following features with the existing webapp.
-- Single Sign On: User management and registration will essentially be handled by existing application. However, the current webapp can be changed to interface with the CMS.