We already have a tool written in Java that records the screen desktop and sends it to a remote location (the chosen developer will get access to this source code) - this works as an applet inside a webpage. What we need you to update is the following:
1. We need to show a rectangle just as the one that Skype shows when you choose to share your screen - if you are not familiar with it, you can download Skype and try to share your screen and see how this feature works.
2. We need the Java applet to work on all operating systems and browsers, but most important are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera. You must also offer a HTML solution that opens up the applet on all major operating systems - our current solution does not work with MacOS for some reason and we need you to fix that.
3. After the user chooses to capture their screen (just as in Skype), immediately after pressing the button to capture the screen the applet must minimize the browser window and begin sending the data in the same way as it is being sent right now (this will be easy because this functionality is already there mostly).
4. Just as in Skype's feature, we need to be able to increase/decrease the width/height of the portion of the screen being captured, and there must also be an option on top of the rectangle that says "Share Entire Screen" which will share the entire screen (the rectangle will resize to fit the entire screen).
This is an urgent project and we are looking for experienced developers who know exactly how to solve the problems mentioned and who can deliver in 2-3 days after project acceptance.
If you have any questions, please go ahead and ask.
A few other items the developer needs to know:
1. Currently our applet (built as a JAR) is shown in a page built dynamically with PHP. We send some parameters to this JAR and the Java application we currently have reads these parameters - this functionality MUST be kept intact, so we MUST be able to send the parameters to the applet somehow.
2. We will offer assistance throughout the development of the update - just ask us, either here or live after acceptance and we will help you make things easier.