We are looking for an experienced Java/Linux programmer to create a simple kiosk program which will interface with a handheld device we are developing.
Coder must live in the U.S.A.
We are looking for an experienced Java/Linux programmer to create a simple kiosk program which will interface with a handheld device we are developing. The program will have only a few basic screens:
1. Welcome/Main Menu
3. Session Type Selection Screen (simple menu)
4. Message Screens (2 different "Thank You" screens and 1 or more error display screens)
This program needs to be a full screen application that starts up on boot and cannot be exited by normal users. It will use a keyboard and mouse--no touch screen required.
Of utmost importance, this application must have an extremely attractive and fun to use (yet very simple--there are very few functions) GUI, so we are looking for a programmer with artistic talent and a deep understanding Java's various GUI capabilities.
The application will perform the following functions:
1. Validate a login against a SQL Server which will be accessed through the internet.
2. Retrieve user information from the SQL Server, create a new user session on the SQL Server, and then retrieve the formatted session data ready for download to the device. All database functions are contained in stored commands which we have already written.
3. Take the formatted session data and write them to the handheld device via the serial port. We have low-level programmers who can assist you with this part of the application.
4. At the end of the device's session, read its data back in via the serial port and save it to the SQL Server.
One version of this application has already been
written using C#, so that code will be available to you as a guide. Again, I stress that we are looking for solid programmers with artistic abilities and strong GUI skills. Screen shots of previous GUI designs will be required.
We have attached a flow diagram of the application as we envision it at this time, but we are also open to suggestions from creative minds. Remember, if the serial communications present a problem for you, we can arrange to have that part handled, so please don't let that scare you off. This application needs to be fun and well-designed from the user's perspective. On the other hand, this program must have very robust error handling and an architecture that allows new versions to be downloaded when they become available, so it is definitely not for the lightweight. We are programmers ourselves, so you will be working with us closely on this project.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
1 version of Linux that we choose--this application will be distributed on PCs that we supply