We are looking for an experienced Java developer with very good ratings, for an ongoing project.
The first task to bid on is a Java app that scrapes and displays changes that happen over time in web pages.
1. Java web application running on Tomcat, clean and elegant UI
2. User inserts a URL or a list of URLs
3. Keep a copy of the entire page in a MySQL DB + date/time
4. Every hour, retrieve the pages again, if there is a change - keep the changed version (+ date/time) in the DB
5. Create a webpage with a list of links, one link for each URL that was changed.
6. Each of these links brings the user to a page that displays the changes from the last version (similar display to Microsoft Word Track Changes)
It is advised to look for a 3rd party module / open source solution to display changes since implementing it alone may take too much time.
Please specify price per hour for ongoing work after the first task.
Questions would be welcome. Good luck.