All services need to be deployable to JBoss in one EJB jar file. THIS MUST BE DONE IN JBOSS!!!
I am wanting a way for a J2EE client to be able send an email in an ansyncronous way by putting the message it wants to send in a queue for delivery when the mail server is not busy (using a message driven bean). I am then wanting a mail client to read from the queue and send the message through the JavaMail API.
If JBoss needs special configuration to send and recieve messages and act as a messaging server, I will also need those instructions.
If you use XDoclets, I would request you also create a simple ant build script to generate the needed code.
Upon succesfull completion there is a great potential for follow on work to be done. Especially in the areas of creating a secure web site with Java and searching databases.
I am looking for the following four pieces of Java / J2EE Software deployable to JBOSS. The deliverable will be the full source code, deployment descriptors, configuration files along with installation instructions and details of how to set up JBoss to send and recieve messages.
1) A mail service that uses the JavaMail API. It has the following requirements: a) The mail service is configured through an XML file that specifies the mail server, mail server type, user name and password, etc. b) A very simple public interface that allows the sending of a message and specifies the to, from and the message as a string. c) Bonus Requirement (not required) - An interface to get messages from the server, that returns an array of the messages for a given user. It should return an array of an user defined object, with to and from fields, mail header and the message.
2) A JBOSS J2EE message driven bean that will put messages on a queue. The message will be the details of the email to be sent (i.e. the to, from and actual email text).
3) A service that takes a message of the queue and calls the email service.
4) A stand alone Java client that test the functionality of the previous requirements. A basic command line program that outputs to system out is fine. You could even hard code the test, including the emails into the test program.
As mentioned before if you use XDoclets, I would request you also create a simple ant build script to generate the needed code.
As suggested by this web site of course I add the following disclaimer to want I want:
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form (deployable JBOSS EJB JAR FILE) as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. (i.e. full deployment descriptors, etc. for JBOSS)
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
I look forward to working with you!
This needs to run in a J2EE / JBOSS environment.