This is what I want to do:
I have an online brokerage account with Scottrade. which allows me to have access to live data while the markets are open. One of the things this gives me access to, is Time & Sales data for selected stocks. It tells me in a small Java Applet window the time a stock was bought or sold and how many shares were bought and sold. What I would like to do is somehow transfer that data from my live account to an excel spread sheet, where I can graph and analyze the number of shares bought vs. the number of shares sold in a given period of time. I've thought of a few ways I might be able to do this, and have had limited success. I've tried using a program that scans data in a selected area on my screen and then I can paste it into an excel spreadsheet. But, I have to do this manually and is nearly impossible to capture every trade. The problem I have is that the time and sales data is "scrolling" data and it is continually moving from the top to the bottom of the Java Applet window and then out of sight so I can't view it again. I need a system so that I can set up my computer before I go to work in the morning and then when I come home, I have a pretty lengthy excel spreadsheet with a record of every transaction for the day of exactly how many shares were bought and sold for the day and at what time. From this data I would be able to manipulate it through graphs and so forth to show me the rate of change in selling pressure and buying pressure for a given period of time. What makes this project a little more complicated is that the data on the live Java Applet window is color coded. I think green fonts mean the shares were bought and red means the shares were sold. The data may need to be separated when it goes into the excel spreadsheet so that green fonts go in one column and red fonts for example go into another column. Then I can graph the two separately and then overlay them to be compared against each other. I know there are companies out there with programs that basically do this for you, but I know I'll learn so much more if I can create a system that does this for me for virtually free.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Be able to have live data from the stock market directly transfered into an excel spreadsheet
5) Data must be able to be sorted by color of font
Needs to run on Windows 98, Need to be able to read a scrolling Java applet window and then feed data into an excel spreadsheet sorting by color into specified columns.