Market data? distribution system (MDS)
MDS is a framework for distributing (financial) market data (quotes, prints, etc) inside the internal network of an organization. The market data will be obtained from multiple feed providers and will be delivered to multiple clients.
The ideal candidate or team will have experience with the following technologies, frameworks, and APIs:
- Java 6 APIs
- JMS API (publish-subscribe paradigm)
- ActiveMQ JMS provider
- TCP/IP programming using the Apache MINA library
- Spring framework (dependency injection, message driven beans, JMX integration)
- Experience with Marketcetera is a plus.
1) There are two sides to this project a server and a client. For both you will implement an underlying communication protocol that runs as either JMS/ActiveMQ or TCP/IP. Both the server and client provide APIs. The server's API is for connecting to different data providers, while the client's API allows clients' to subscribe to data from the server(s).
You will implement a simple console test client as well as the client API for the Marketcetera platform.
In addition you will implement a persistence client for recording data.
Both the server and clients will be monitorable via JMX using a monitoring client like jManage.
Note that the protocol and APIs have been high-level designed already, so this project requires intelligent low level design and implementation. With the code you will provide documentation (javadoc) and unit tests (using junit and jmock), and nightly builds must be provided. 2) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
3) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
All platforms for which a JVM implementation exists.