This is a project using flash multiuser technology [url removed, login to view] server/moock/electro server etc. The idea is a selection of rooms that are running constantly on the server and users can join from a lobby. Each room is quiz where questions are multiple choice and pulled randomly from a MySql database. Users compete against each other and get points based on how fast they answer the questions i.e. 10 points for quickest answer, 9 for next etc. Creating the chat/lobby environment isn't so hard, there are many free examples on the above listed websites i.e. smartfox/mooky. The difficulty comes with the timer threads i.e. every 10 seconds a new question is asked then at the end, a 2 minute wait for new users to join.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Apr 29, 2007 11:38:03 AM:
More details on this project:
This must be a multiuser flash application i.e. up to 10 people in each "room" compete against each other head to head.
There is a timer for each question and points are awarded to the users based on their ranking in that question e.g. 10 points for first to get question right, 9 points for 2nd etc.
The user's results, information and q+a must be retrieved and stored in a mysql database.
I can take care of the php/mysql as long as their usuage is implemented in the flash application.
If you're still interested, please message me again with your opinions and ideas.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday May 7, 2007 8:48:22 AM:
I've been looking into AJAX and am willing, if not more inclined now to go down a java servlet/AJAX solution on this one as opposed to Flash if that's too ackward to implement.
Have a look at [url removed, login to view] to see an exmaple of what I would like but as a mulitple choice quiz thingy. Let me know if this is possible for you and we'll get going on it.