Currently on this website: [url removed, login to view]
If you click on a state, it pops up a more detailed map view of the state.
Each of the Red, Blue, or Green squares is a 'node' for a ham radio echolink.
Currently, each time someone adds a node, we have to go in and manually add the square to the map, relocate the mouse-over points that contain information.
If you click on the "add a node" at the top of the page, you can see what information is requested from the person adding a node.
What I want a bid on:
1) When someone enters information on a node, enter the information into a mySQL database.
2) When someone clicks on a state, have the server generate the locations of each node and place it on the map.
3) have the server generate the mouseover information.
4) have the server generate the circle around the node that signifies the usable range of the radio tower.
Instead of real-time generation of the map files with the squares and circles, if you can write a program to do all this on a desktop pc where I'd just enter the info and it did all the square/circle/mouseover placement for me. All I'd have to do is upload it to the server each time I made a change. That would be ok.
I just want to cut down on the labor intensive part of producing this site.
I'm also willing to break the project into parts if necessary, to take advantage of different programmers strengths.
Please take a look at the site and let me know what you think.
The coder will not be required to re-enter any of our data for our project, only design the necessary program(s) so that we can.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Desktop PC - WIN XP