I am in desperate need of connection and bug fixing for my website and server applications. Currently I have a website at [url removed, login to view] with java applets in it. The java applets (more like java programs) allow users to play trading card games online with other users. There are 3 different applets:
1. Deck builder
2. Game start/chat applet
3. Game applet
The problem is with the game applet and sometimes the chat applet. When a user goes to create a game they go to the chat applet. Choose a specific connection ie fast, secure, p2p and then starts a game. The game applet then opens and sits the player waiting for someone to join. The chat applet reflects this and shows the user waiting for a game. If another user wants to join they can see who is waiting and then click a join button to open the game applet and sit with the other user. Upon the game applet initiating it will ask each user to choose a deck to use then it loads decks and the users will start playing the game. Most of the time there are few bugs in this process.
The real problems come in when the users are playing. Often the users get disconnected for various reasons which I dont know. Sometimes I get disconnected 4 or 5 times in a 1 hour game. The disconnections dont seem to reflect any certain number of users. I had a reconnection feature added but sometimes it doesnt work. Plus I really dont want the users to be disconnected anyways. It is really frustrating to users trying to play. Also the game applet tends to lag on players creating slow play. I would like to see these major bugs fixed. I would like a programmer with a wealth of experience and that can dedicate 100% to fixing this project quickly. I have worked with many programmers in the past and had a problem with a some of them. Dont bid if you cant fix the problems for the stated budget in the stated amount of time, DO NOT DO IT! Also there are a few java bugs in the game applet and deckbuilder that need fixing. Some users cannot save decks.
1. Need disconnections fixed so they dont occur.
2. Need lag, freezing, and slow program running fixed so it doesnt occur.
3. Need rejoin fixed so if it is necessary to rejoin it is possible.
4. Do not bid if you are not 100% positive that u can fix the problem.
5. Do not bid if you cannot be dedicated to the project 100%.
6. Decent english is a plus.
7. Front end is java programs, back end is php.
8. No additional money will be given over the bid cost.
9. There is a possibility to do more projects with me in the future if you do a good job as I need a steady programmer for the site.
10. If you do not finish the project in the time stated then you will cancel project and return escrow and set all items of website and server back to default unless some arrangement is made with me first.
11. Prompt communication via email is appreciated on a regular basis.
I have a dedicated server pentium 3 ghz processor with 2 GB of RAM. Linux and I think MySQL.