You will develop a client-server online Address Book system. The minimum required functionality will be determined by the number of members in your group. The project will consist of two parts: 1) The specification, in terms of UML, Use-Cases, and anything else that is appropriate. 2) The working project and documentation.
Basic functionality: There should be two levels of access ??" user and administrator (id and password required). The administrator should be able to create accounts, delete accounts and modify any account. A user may only modify information is his/her own account.
Minimum requirements (basic functionality) :
1) It must work. If it doesn’t work, it is not a program, it is just partial source code.
2) The front end must be an Applet or an HTML form.
3) The back end must be a Servlet or a multi-threaded server (like the one I will give you).
4) Communication between the client and the server can be URL-encoded text, XML or a DataObject.
5) The data stored on the server can be in a file, either text or XML, or a database.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Its a JAVA project.
Additional Features (use of Java packages is always recommended - use your creativity):
1) Make the user interface intuitive, user-friendly and professional in appearance and functionality. Swing is not required but may help in accomplishing this.
2) Make your system have the functionality that would make sense if you were developing it as a professional system.
3) Use as many Java packages as you can ??" the best way to learn them is to use them.